Call for Writing Submissions
Currently, we are not accepting unsolicited submissions. If you are interested in submitting writing to Nymphetamean Press, please check our open calls below to see if your work is what we are looking for.
Discovering Dominance: Women’s Stories
Looking for writing submissions for a new anthology focusing on women getting in touch with dominance within power exchange relationships. If you meet the criteria below, I would love to hear your story. The stories will be put together into a book which will hopefully provide inspiration and confidence to others trying to find their way.Submission guidelines may be updated or clarified over time but will not be significantly altered.
Submission guidelines may be updated or clarified over time but will not be significantly altered.
To submit a story, you must be:
- A woman (trans or cis), a non-binary person, a genderfluid person, an agender person, femme-identified. If you feel that you should be included in this anthology and I have not listed your specific identity, please let me know. I have tried to include as many women-identified and non-binary people as possible, any omissions are unintentional.
You do not have to include your identity in your story unless you want to.
- A Dominant, Master/Mistress, Owner, Switch or another label who holds power/authority in consensual power exchange relationships (whether you are or are not currently in a relationship does not matter for the sake of submissions).Over 18 years of age.
- Over 18 years of age.Have actual experience in power exchange relationships (no fantasy stories please).
- Have actual experience in power exchange relationships (no fantasy stories please).
Submissions should be:
- Between 1,000 and 5,000 words.
- Include a short biography (up to 500 words) introducing yourself.
- Written in English. Submissions are welcome from anywhere in the world but will be published in English.
- Original and unpublished.
- Non-fiction, true stories only.
- Your own experiences only (no stories about a friend, for example).
- Written without real names of other people, unless you can provide written permission – use nicknames, please.
- Written with either your real name or a pen name, whichever you feel most comfortable with. If your piece is selected, you will be required to provide your legal name, which will be kept confidential.
- Stories should not include explicit descriptions of sexual conduct. Discussions of sex and sexuality are fine, erotica or pornography are not.
- Stories that contain sexual situations that happened before participants turned 18 should be treated with care and tact. Many of us discovered our Dominant natures before we were adults, but explicit details should not be included.
- You may submit multiple pieces for consideration, although only one piece per author will be accepted for the book.
- Original works only, not previously published anywhere.
- If selected, submissions should not be published elsewhere.
- Full credit for your contribution.
- If selected, you will receive invitations to promotional events happening close to you. Participation is entirely optional.
- If your submission is chosen, you will receive a one-time $50 honorarium
- You will receive two copies of the book at no cost for your use.
- You may order copies of the book at cost for resale, to give as gifts, etc. Copies for sale should not be priced higher than the list price.
You are welcome to write on any topic that falls within the theme of discovering or getting in touch with your dominance. If you need some inspiration to get started, here are a few ideas
- Your first experience in Dominance
- How you knew you were Dominant
- Why you choose to engage in D/s or power exchange relationships
- How D/s or power exchange has enhanced your life
- Challenges you have faced as a Dominant
- Challenges you had in coming to terms with your Dominance
Submissions will be accepted on an on-going basis for the rest of 2017 and until June 1, 2018.
Decisions on individual pieces will be made as they are received. You should hear back within 30 days regarding your submission.
Your story should be submitted only when you are happy with the final product. Please do your best to ensure that submissions are spelling error free and make use of correct grammar. Both British and American English are acceptable.
Stories may be submitted in the following formats .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .odt Submissions may also be sent in the body of the email.
Be sure to include your biography (250 words or less) as well as your submission.
Send submissions to: Submissions (at) Nymphetamean.com (replace (at) with @ symbol)